March 2, 2011

Lemon Linguine - New Recipe #3

I think I'm done with recipe books. I'm throwing in the towel. They aren't accountable. They sit on our shelves on in our cupboards laughing at us, knowing that they're filled with terrible recipes and one day we'll try one and there won't be any retaliation towards them. I mean yes we could spill water on them or throw them in the fire but are we really going to do that, no. I think I'm going to stick to blogs. Blogs are accountable. When someone posts about a recipe they know that at any given time a reader can post a comment about their love or hate of said recipe. I mean yes everyone is different and we all have different tastes and really what are the chances that someone is going to rage on you for posting a recipe they didn't like but still, it could happen! Blogs are way more accountable than recipe books.....that's what I think anyway.
Ingredients

So why the long winded rant at the beginning of this post? Well this weeks recipe did not turn out so good. I got it from a recipe book in my cupboard. I don't even know where the recipe book came from but it has a few yummy sounding recipes in it so I thought I'd give one a try. Did I mention already that it did not turn out so good? The pasta ended up having this weird texture/coating to it and the taste was way too lemon heavy. Still I do think it could be good but perhaps with a lot of tweaking that I'm just not capable of doing. Here it is none the less.....try at your own risk!

Pasta before sauce....looks good huh? Don't be fooled!

Lemon Linguine

8 oz. (250g) linguine, cooked and drained
1 tbsp. (15ml) olive oil
2 tbsp. (25ml) chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. (5ml) grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp. (2ml) freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup (175ml) chicken stock
2 tbsp. (25ml) fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. (10ml) cornstarch
1/4 tsp. (1ml) salt
Dash (dash, haha) nutmeg
2 tbsp. (25ml) grated Parmesan cheese

Combine cooked linguine with oil, parsley, lemon peel and pepper. Meanwhile, combine next 5 ingredients (stock through nutmeg) in saucepan (this is the part where I think everything went wrong but maybe not....). Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Toss linguine with sauce and parmesan. Serve immediately. Serves 4 as a side dish.

I added shrimp to ours and I'm so glad I did as it was the only yummy part! I love shrimp. I defrosted some frozen shrimp and then warmed them up with some butter in a frying pan then added them to the pasta at the same time I added the sauce.

The lemon lime Koolaid we had with dinner was super yum! Good old Koolaid, hard to screw that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are to a blogger what peanut butter is to jam, the best thing ever! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message!