March 10, 2011

Honey & Soy Baked Chicken Thighs - New Recipe #4

This was so yummy I may have had 4 thighs just myself....but I did have to share with my daughter so it was probably more like 3.5 which is so much more respectable!

Ingredients!

This weeks recipe comes from Tidy Mom (I'm sort of lovin' this blog) but more specifically Amy from She Wears Many Hats who guest posted this recipe on Tidy Mom. This recipe is super easy and it turned out so yummy that I wouldn't change a thing except the cooking time but that's because in the 6 short weeks that we've lived in our new house I have discovered quickly that our oven cooks hot!!! Wow! At anyrate I have a cold and words are not coming easily to me today so without futher ado I give you....



Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 5 tablespoons honey
  • 4 cloves of garlic; minced (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  • 3 pounds (approximately) chicken thighs (or preferred chicken meat)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large plastic zip-top storage bag. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to plastic bag making sure to coat each piece.
- Place chicken in baking dish along with sauce/marinade or leave in large plastic bag to marinate in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, in a baking dish, bake chicken in a 425° oven for 25 minutes with the skin side up. Turn the chicken and cook another 15 minutes. Then turn the chicken again to skin side up and finish cooking for another 10 minutes to crisp up the skin. Cook until internal temperature of chicken reads 165°F.  Note: I would have liked the chicken to be a tiny bit crispier but that was my ovens fault not the recipe. My oven cooked this chicken so fast I didn't have time for the last 10 minutes with the skin side up. I'll have to modify the cooking time next go round. :)

Chicken taking a delicious bath.

Before!
Quick Fun Fact: I've owned this Corelle baking dish for 10 years and this is the first time I've cooked with it. Yeah.....

After
We ate this with sticky rice and it was soooo good!

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! If your oven is cooking hot, buy an inexpensive oven thermometer. You'll learn where to adjust your temperature dial to. It'll make a huge difference for baking especially. I learned the hard way, 5 dozen burnt buns later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Great idea! Thank you Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are to a blogger what peanut butter is to jam, the best thing ever! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message!