July 4, 2011

BBQ Summer Skewers

BBQ Summer Skewers
This is an adaptation from the recipe Sensational Sirloin Kabobs on allrecipes.com that my friend Angela told me about. It's soooo good! Below is my variation based on what our family prefers.

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup soya sauce
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 fluid ounces Sprite or 7Up
2 lbs beef sirloin stead cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 green bell peper
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
10 - 12 mushrooms, whole
1 zucchini

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium bow, mix soy sauce, light brown sugar, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and Sprite. Reserve about 1/2 cup of marinade for basting. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with the remaining marinade and seal. Refrigerate overnight. 

Preheat grill. Thread steak, peppers, mushrooms and zucchini onto skewers in any order you'd like. 

Cook skewers on the grill for 10 minutes or till desired doneness. Baste frequently with reserved marinade as they cook.

NOTES:
* You can use any vegetables you'd like. Choose what your family prefers.
* We like our bell peppers undercooked so they remain crunchy. If you prefer yours much softer then you can cook you peppers in boiling water for roughly a minute first before putting them on the skewers.

Enjoy and Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!

2 comments:

  1. So glad I found you here on your other blog - what a fun challenge! This recipe looks amazing. My husband & I love making kebabs in the summer, so I'll definitely give this a try... I never would have thought to use lemon-lime soda. Thanks Lindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katrina! I know the lemon-lime soda was a shock to me too but it tastes so good! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I'm trying to get better at updating it regularly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are to a blogger what peanut butter is to jam, the best thing ever! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message!